Published by The Lawfare Institute
in Cooperation With
Welcome back to the National Security Law Podcast, after a one-week hiatus! (You can actually watch the recording here, if you need more Zoom in your life). In this episode, Steve Vladeck and Bobby Chesney discuss and debate:
- This week’s SCOTUS oral arguments in the Trump business subpoena cases. Is a pragmatic compromise in the works? Will the DA and HPSCI emerge winners?
- DOJ called, and they want to abandon their successful prosecution of Mike Flynn because…well, res ipsa loquitor.
- Speaking of Mike Flynn, the “unmasking” pseudo-controversy is back.
- FISA amendment mayhem! A bid to prevent use of Section 215 for browser records just fails to make it into the Senate bill, and then a boost to the amicus system–and the rules on disclosure of exculpatory evidence and on Woods procedures compliance–makes it over the goal line easily. But will the House follow suit?
- Something about war powers something something veto or something…is anyone watching???
And then there was the season finale of Westworld. It’s like they just ran out of good ideas…