Published by The Lawfare Institute
in Cooperation With
Paul Scharre, Vice President and Director of Studies at CNAS, joins ChinaTalk to discuss AI, military, strategy, and US-China geopolitics.
Listen in for a discussion on:
- How AI will impact the tactical, operational and strategic levels of war;
- How and why AI operates — whether in chess, Dota 2, or aerial dogfighting — in fundamentally different ways than humans;
- Why AI called for a “protective response from the bureaucracy”;
- The significance of the US’s comparative advantage over China in talent and compute — two of Scharre’s “Four Battlegrounds”;
- The dictator’s dilemma, and how advances in AI will challenge the CCP in the coming years;
- When in China, how to interview like a pro!
Outro music: a missy elliot + spice girls mix from Arthi, a UK-based DJ who's also an economics correspondent for the times of london! https://youtu.be/iHkfmwy1-OI?t=252.
Paul’s latest bestseller: https://www.amazon.com/Four-Battlegrounds-Power-Artificial-Intelligence/dp/0393866866.
The cover image is Midjourney on “Dota 2–inspired F-35 dogfight”.
You should all subscribe to the ChinaTalk newsletter! https://www.chinatalk.media/.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices.