Published by The Lawfare Institute
in Cooperation With
Charles Lister comes back on the show for an in-depth discussion on jihadism in Syria. Some of the topics covered include:
- Islamism and jihadism in Syria prior to the 2011 uprising
- The entrance and evolution of Jabhat al-Nusra, Ahrar al-Sham, and Jaysh al-Islam into what became the Syrian war
- Why foreign fighters came into the Syrian conflict
- Why the Islamic State of Iraq decided to enter the war in April 2013 and what it was up to prior to the fitness in January 2014
- What the growth of ISIS and later IS meant for the other extreme factions - JN, Ahrar, and JI
- The Syrian Jihad | Hurst Publishers
- Brookings Doha Center | Brookings Institution
- Charles Lister (@Charles_Lister) | Twitter
This episode also features an updated #SocialMedia segment, covering postings from November 11-20.
Thanks to Haakon Jahr and Raihan Kadir for supporting the podcast. You can support the show, and get some cool rewards, by checking out the show’s Patreon page.
Download this episode (45MB mp3)